28 April 2008

Thing #22: ListenNJ

Well, here I am at ListenNJ, using the advanced search feature to find something to download, and keep coming up empty. I tried NJ History, New Jersey History, History of New Jersey, Hodgell PC, Montgomery LM - of which there were some, but I've already read them. So then I tried New Arrivals, most of which that I want to read, I've already read. But I did see a Stephen King I thought I'd give a try - but when I tried to download it, it said 0 copies available.

So I finally just added anything that said add to cart now. Then I had to log in. Then I had to download some software. Then I had to install it, and it wasn't a quick, easy install. In fact, it refused to install. Waaaaaaaaaaay more trouble than it's worth, especially since I prefer to READ books and not LISTEN to them. I think I hate this thing more than any other thing I've done so far.

ETA: I still hate this THING more than any other thing. The download time is horribly slow. I checked out Aesop's Fables and Alex And The Ironic Gentleman. I do like the fact that at the end of their expiration date, they "check" themselves back in. One less thing I have to think about. I think ListenNJ is a waste of time. If you like it, fine. I think it would be easier to borrow the CD from the library, save it to Windows Media Player, and then sync it to your device.

No comments: