05 April 2008

Thing #11: LibraryThing

1) Take the tour and create the account. Done.
2) Add at least 5 books to your library. Done. I added 200. I would have added MORE than 200, but I would have had to sign up for a paid account. While a paid account is not expensive ($10 annually, or $25 lifetime), I didn't want to/feel like it. So I didn't, and stopped at 200. They should mention in the tour that there is a limit to 200 items in the free account.
3) Blog about the experience. Done. How popular were some of your books? One, The Beekeepers Apprentice, was shared over 1000 times, with 36 reviews, and 24 discussions. Others, like This Old Monmouth of Ours, by Horner, was owned only by myself, had no reviews and no discussions. But I really enjoyed seeing who shared my love for certain favorites, and being able to talk about them.

My librarything

1 comment:

sewinglady said...

I haven't figured out how to add my authors but will keep trying. I agree that technology is a love hate relationship and scarry also.