



Using the library's HP scanner (since my home scanner isn't scanning for some strange reason), I scanned two images. One, another picture of my great-grandmother, and the other, and image from a book. I played with the images using Fotoflexer and Picnik. Using Fotoflexer to adjust the images was simple. Trying to save it to either my flickr or Photobucket accounts, not so much. I found Picnik even easier to use, and even managed to get it to look the pictures to Flickr, where I found I could edit all of my images. Photobucket uses Fotoflexer within its website to edit images, which is pretty nifty. You can see from the images the original scan, and then the edited images. You can see in the original book image, that the scan came out sideways. Using the editing software, I rotated the image, and then sharpened it a little. I also made the image smaller. For the next picture, you can see I didn't even bother to take the photo of my great-grandmother from its frame. The edited image was cropped and sharpened. The quality would no doubt be better if I had taken it from its frame.


4 comments:
Great photos of your grandmother! Such treasures are these!
I think that's cool that Photobucket uses FotoFlexer. I'm coming across more and more reasons to switch to Photobucket.
Great photos...you gave me the idea of what picture I wanted to scan for my blog. Thanks for your help when I got stuck!
These pictures are great! I love old photos...
Post a Comment